This CLE will explore several key topics at the intersection of constitutional principles, controlled substances, and firearm laws in the United States. It will specifically focus on the Second Amendment and state law preemption, as well as the Controlled Substances Act and the regulation of cannabis at both the federal and state levels.
Additionally, the CLE will examine the complexities of Federal Firearm Laws and Regulations, including recent landmark US Supreme Court cases related to the Second Amendment. Griffen will further examine the ever-evolving landscape of state cannabis laws and their implications for individuals who exercise their Second Amendment rights. Finally, attendees can expect thought-provoking discussions about the future of firearm regulation for cannabis users.
Through comprehensive analysis and rigorous discussions, this CLE aims to provide participants with a deeper understanding of the legal intricacies surrounding these essential topics.
Key topics to be discussed:
- Constitutional Principles (Second Amendment, state law preemption, etc.)
- Controlled Substances Act and regulation of cannabis
- State cannabis laws
- Federal firearm laws and regulations
- Recent US Supreme Court 2nd Amendment cases
- Future of firearm regulation for cannabis users