Saving Taxes and Fighting Audits
We’ll help you navigate complex tax codes and manage tax audits so your business keeps its profits and pays only what it owes.
Harris Bricken provides helps domestic and international businesses apply tax laws to their advantage. Strategic tax planning is an important component of a successful business model and our team has helped clients in various industries structure their businesses and transactions in ways that benefit their operations and their stakeholders. At every level of the government—federal, state or local—and for every type of tax—including income, sales or property—we help our clients stay in compliance by paying what they owe when they owe it. That’s the best way to avoid a potentially lengthy and expensive tax audit.
But tax audits do happen and if and when they hit, our team is on your side. Our attorneys have experience on both ends of the table, from running business audits on behalf of the government to winning cases in Tax Court. We provide valuable insight into how to work with auditors to resolve audits, reduce tax liabilities and avoid tax penalties.
Our tax services include:
- Initial entity choice and multiple entity structuring
- Reviewing and restructuring existing business models for tax savings
- Structuring mergers, acquisitions, and other corporate transactions
Assisting with state and federal tax audits
- Reviewing and preparing financial documentation
- Corresponding with auditors and accountants
- Managing collections and alternative payment plans
International tax law
- Multinational entity structuring
- Tax reporting
- Transfer pricing
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)