WHETHER YOU’RE BUYING OR SELLING, IT’S THE PERFECT TIME TO TEAM UP WITH OUR SPAIN REAL ESTATE EXPERTS.
For more than twenty years, Harris Bricken has provided personalized service to individuals and investment groups purchasing commercial and residential properties in Spain. We guide our clients through the entire purchase process. From pre-purchase due diligence to the final closing transaction, we’ve got you covered.
HB’s Spain real estate group includes attorneys and economists well-versed in transactional law and practice and real estate taxes and finance. Our Spain real estate attorneys have the experience and relationships to help you successfully evaluate and execute on your real estate purchases and sales.
The real estate market can be daunting, and the process of purchasing a property can be long and confusing. Our Barcelona office is ideally located, allowing our clients to make the most of Spain’s many real estate opportunities and resources. Let our team navigate the bureaucratic hurdles standing between you and your beach hotel, dream house, or investment property. In addition to conducting thorough due diligence on your targeted property, HB’s team will help you negotiate and draft all necessary contracts, procure all rental or business permits, and provide the critical legal advice you need to successfully close on your property.
By leveraging a vast network of trusted local and international professionals, we’ll put you in contact with Spain’s top realtors, bankers, and architects. Our expertise and connections ensure you receive quality legal advice throughout the process.
Our clients often invest in property as a way to protect and grow their wealth. Our counsel addresses this need by covering big picture topics such as ownership, finance, tax implications, and inheritance issues.
Our Real Estate legal services include the following:
- Due diligence of real estate investment opportunities, for buildings, offices, hotels, warehouses, or land, including zoning and land use regulatory restrictions
- Analysis of the investment and its financial feasibility, including tax planning for the real estate investment and its utilization, detailing associated costs and determining profitability
- Legal and tax advice regarding potential investment vehicles and structures
- Legal services related to the purchase transaction, such as negotiating and drafting of contracts (pre-contract or reserve contract, down payment – “Arras” contract), and reviewing public notary deeds
- Regulatory compliance, including confirmation of necessary documentation and processing of required permits, particularly tourist and rental permits
- Negotiating and drafting rental contracts
- Financial management of the real estate investment in Spain
- Assistance in securing your company’s Spanish tax ID (NIE/NIE), necessary for any investment in Spain
- Assistance with opening a bank account, including anti-money laundering clearances, and financing
- Assistance with non-resident income tax and wealth tax returns, or any other related tax returns
- Registration of the ownership in the Land Registry and change of utility companies
- Assistance with finding advisors such as realtors, architects and bankers
- Assistance with immigration law, including Golden Visas for Spain.
- Company formation
- Real estate litigation and alternative dispute resolution