Representing media and entertainment businesses requires a talented cast—we've got that.
Our bilingual attorneys in China and on the West Coast can help your company achieve its goals.
Harris Bricken represents media and entertainment companies with projects and business dealings in China and the United States. We work with studios, agencies and promoters on a range of legal matters including production finance, international co-productions and joint ventures, and intellectual property protection.
Our media and entertainment lawyers are particularly well known for media and entertainment work within China. China is a tough place where local knowledge is everything. We help deals make sense on both sides of the Pacific. Major Hollywood studios, producers and agencies seek our counsel and our clients also include international producers of film and television content as well as international marketing, design, publishing and advertising companies.
Our media and entertainment services include:
- Development, production and production finance
- Acquisition of rights in underlying Chinese literary properties
- International co-productions
- International joint ventures
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Content and format licensing
- Protection of IP including rights in scripts and formats
- International and domestic copyright licensing agreements
- Formation and dissolution of business entities
- Writer agreements
- Director agreements
- Option agreements
- Chain of title advice
- Co-production agreements
- Production finance agreements
- Distribution agreements
- Streaming license agreements
- Production legals
- Influencer Agreements