Take the complexity out of International trade relations.
Our team of trade and customs lawyers offers experienced counsel on the international trade of goods.
Harris Bricken provides importers, producers and exporters with legal assistance on a full range of international trade and customs matters.
Our team of international trade lawyers assists companies with their trade and customs issues—and related appeals—before the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC), the U.S. Departments of Commerce (DOC) and Justice, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (“CBP”), U.S. Court of International Trade, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and other federal agencies engaged in international trade regulation.
Our International Trade Law services include:
- Antidumping and Countervailing Duty Proceedings
- We assist U.S. importers, producers, and foreign manufacturers with U.S. import trade remedy regulation and compliance matters.
- China and Vietnam Trade Actions
- Harris Bricken represents U.S. importers as well as Chinese and Vietnamese exporters in “non-market economy” antidumping and countervailing duty proceedings on products ranging from metals and chemicals to agricultural and seafood products.
- We assist clients in trade remedy actions before the ITC and the United States Trade Representative’s office (“USTR”) brought to impose tariffs or quotas on imports alleged to be injurious to U.S. domestic production.
- Intellectual Property Trade Enforcement Proceedings
- We advise and represent clients in Section 337 actions before the ITC which involve the import of products allegedly infringing U.S. patents, trademarks, and copyrights.
- Transshipment and False Claim Act Proceedings
- We advise and represent companies against which such claims have been brought and we advise and represent companies that wish to pursue such claims.
- Trade Policy and Legislation
- Our lawyers advocate before the legislative and executive branches of the U.S. government to resolve trade issues and promote passage of tariff refund, and tariff suspension or reduction legislation.
- Customs Compliance and Enforcement
- We advise U.S. importers and other clients on customs classification, protests, prior disclosures, customs penalty defenses, defenses of liquidated damages claims, preferential duty programs and valuation.