The burgeoning health and wellness industry is undergoing rapid innovation and change as consumers seek healthy, sustainable, and ethically sourced products from companies that align with their personal values. Likewise, Harris Bricken has always represented clients that do business a little differently, that are on the cutting edge of cultural and market trends, and that take ethics and social responsibility seriously.
We are fortunate to represent myriad companies in the health and wellness space that consumers have come to trust, not just because of the quality of their products, but because of the culture they have fostered around progressive business practices. Our entrepreneur-clients in this space must regularly balance their goal of providing the best and most diverse product and lifestyle choices for their customers while at the same time navigating through a seemingly never-ending stream of federal and state regulations.
Our law firm is well-positioned to assist companies and brands in the health and wellness space with everything from forming companies, protecting brands, drafting commercial contracts, and complying with murky and complicated laws and regulations on the local, state, federal, and global levels. Our health and wellness clients include mom and pop businesses, woman- and minority-owned businesses, non-profit and public benefit companies, agricultural cooperatives, social media influencers, and some of the biggest and most respected health and wellness brands in the United States, Europe, and the world.
Our attorneys have worked in virtually all aspects of the industry, including state-legal medical cannabis, emerging medicines, including, psilocybin, ketamine, and entheogenic plants, hemp and CBD, nutritional supplements, organic farming, cosmetics and topicals, wellness certification programs, wellness tourism, premium beverage and food, performance and lifestyle fashion, branding and licensing, health and wellness technology, including mobile applications and IoT devices, fitness and yoga, pet care, and wellness retail and pop-ups.
Harris Bricken attorneys provide the following legal services to the health and wellness industries, both domestically and internationally:
- Entity formation and governance compliance and reporting
- Obtaining federal and state permits and licenses
- Buying, selling and leasing real estate
- Legal, regulatory, and brand strategizing, negotiation, and protection
- Compliance with local, state, federal, and international laws and regulations
- Intellectual property applications and brand protection
- Contract drafting, including licensing agreements, distribution, supply, and manufacturing agreements, white label agreements, and social media influencer/brand ambassador agreements
- Compliance with U.S. and international privacy and data security requirements
- Resolving disputes, including by mediation, domestic and international arbitration, and domestic and international litigation
- Importing and exporting products into and from the United States and elsewhere
- Immigration issues for executives and employees
Our commitment to serving the health and wellness industry began concurrently on the U.S. West Coast and in Barcelona, Spain — the cultural epicenters for so many of the new developments in health and wellness. Harris Bricken also has lawyers in China, where we work with countless manufacturers and distributors of health and wellness products.