Cannabis leaseholds and real property acquisitions require experienced legal counsel.
Through effective negotiation and dispute resolution, Harris Bricken’s attorneys ensure that our clients’ interests are protected through every real estate transaction, from the LOI through closing and beyond.
Harris Bricken’s lawyers have extensive experience with the legal issues that commonly arise between landlords, tenants, buyers, and sellers in the cannabis industry. Our attorneys establish clear communication and agreements from the outset, ensuring a durable and sustainable relationship rooted in the realities of doing business in a heavily-regulated industry. Whether you are a landlord, a cannabis business owner or potential licensee, or a buyer or seller of land, our cannabis attorneys can help you draft and negotiate agreements that will provide you with long-term protection and flexibility.
Though proactive planning should prevent many disputes, Harris Bricken’s cannabis attorneys are also prepared to handle conflicts that may occur over the course of a tenancy or after a property acquisition. We have successfully defended and prosecuted a wide range of claims involving eviction, liens and assessments, foreclosure, unpaid rent, purchase and sale default, land use and zoning disputes, and property damage.
Our cannabis real property services include:
- Developing landlord marketing packages to describe cannabis business models for banks and other lenders
- Drafting and negotiating letters of intent
- Drafting leaseholds to accommodate cannabis business
- Reviewing and advising on commercial leases
- Drafting amendments to commercial leases
- Drafting real property purchase and sale agreements
- Performing due diligence for real property purchases and sales
- Drafting and negotiating development agreements
- Advising on land use issues
- Advocating before government agencies for entitlements and project approvals
- Structuring revenue-sharing leases
- Representing clients in litigation and mediation
Every cannabis real estate transaction is unique, just like every piece of property. Our experienced cannabis real estate attorneys can help you get it right.