The cannabis plant keeps on giving.
Over the last few years, the regulated market for THC products has grown rapidly in the United States. Likewise, the market for hemp-derived cannabidiol (CBD) products has exploded across the country. The next wave of cannabinoid products is just beginning to form, and hemp and cannabis derived cannabigerol (CBG), cannabinol (CBN) and other cannabinoids are rapidly gaining traction.
In legal and regulated markets across the country, cannabis companies are using various cannabinoid extracts to create new, cutting edge products. As with CBD, these cannabinoids may also be derived from the hemp plant. Hemp-derived CBG and CBN products, among others, are currently subject to minimal regulation. Unlike with CBD products, the Food and Drug Administration has not yet made public statements about new cannabinoids.
Our cannabis business and regulatory lawyers work with clients who are investigating and investing in various hemp-derived cannabinoids. Many of these clients are creating new products that contain CBG, CBN and other cannabinoids, or they are working to develop intellectual property in and around these cannabinoids. We work with a wide range of businesses within the industry, from small start-ups and individual investors, to major corporations moving into these rapidly growing markets.
We often work on the following matters in both the hemp and cannabis markets:
- Investigating the source of hemp-derived cannabinoid products to verify that they are not derived from marijuana and do not contain prohibited levels of THC
- Analyzing risks associated with transporting hemp-derived cannabinoids interstate and internationally
- Advising clients on best practices for the manufacture, labeling, and distribution of hemp and cannabis-derived products, and structuring transactions for their benefit
- Responding to complaints and seizures of hemp-related products
- Providing updates to clients as regulations and laws rapidly change across the country
- Counseling clients on developing policies and regulations from the FDA, USDA and other regulatory bodies
With the guidance of our cannabis business and regulatory attorneys, you can rest easy knowing that your CBG, CBN or other cutting-edge venture complies with these complex and evolving laws. Our goal is to help you remain ahead of your competitors as industry races to study, refine and market the cannabis plant.