Listen HERE or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Amazon Music, Stitcher, or Soundcloud!
The large-scale shift to telework brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic is prompting businesses around the world to explore new avenues to engage with clients and friends. Harris Bricken is no exception, and we are proud to announce our new podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench.
In Episode #20, we discuss:
- The role of the World Bank in global development and how to access a career in international development.
- How the World Bank, as a lender of last resort, classifies countries and balances a country’s financing needs with its geopolitical and other risks.
- Key risks in infrastructure finance in developing nations.
- Key trends in PPPs, project finance, and infrastructure finance pre-, during-, and post-Covid.
- How developing nations are faring through Covid and their prospects for recovery.
- Reading, listening, and watching recommendations from:
- The World Bank’s PPP Blog article “COVID-19 and Infrastructure: A Very Tricky Opportunity” by Richard Abadie
- The Financial Times and The Economist
- “How China Controlled the Coronavirus” (The New Yorker), by Peter Hessler
- “Coronavirus Stalks Southeast Asia’s Once-thriving Unicorns” (Nikkei Asian Review), by Shotaro Tani, Wataru Suzuki, and Peter Guest
And please follow Fred and Jonathan on social media to stay informed on upcoming guests and topics:
- Fred Rocafort (Twitter: @RocafortFred) (LinkedIn) (WeChat: fredwanganping)
- Jonathan Bench (Twitter: @jonathan_bench) (LinkedIn) (WeChat: jbench588)
- Global Law and Business Twitter: @globallawbiz
We’ll see you next week for another discussion on the global business environment as we sit down with Ofir Angel to discuss international taxation, Israel, and the Middle East.
Note, the opinions expressed are solely Prajakta Chitre’s and do not express views or opinions of the World Bank Group as an institution.