Listen HERE or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Amazon Music, Stitcher, or Soundcloud!
The large-scale shift to telework brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic is prompting businesses around the world to explore new avenues to engage with clients and friends. Harris Bricken is no exception, and we are happy to provide this podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench.
- Taiwan’s status and its relationship with China, in plain English
- Matsu and its sister Kinmen islands unique position as Taiwanese islands on China’s shores
- How China and Taiwan agreed on an informal schedule to exchange fire during the Cold War
- How our guest helped the DPP establish a Matsu presence and dramatically improve their vote tally on the islands
- Dressing up as a mussel shell and other tales from the Matsu campaign trail (more photos below)
- Concerns on the islands over illegal fishing and sand mining activities by Chinese ships
- Reading, listening, and watching recommendations from:
We’ll see you next week!
If you have comments on this episode or if you’d like to suggest topics for future episodes, please email globallawbiz [at] harrisbricken [dot] com.