Listen HERE or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Stitcher, or Soundcloud!
At Harris Bricken, we keep close tabs on what is happening around the world, and we know that our friends and clients do, as well. We are happy to provide this podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench, where we look at the world by talking with business leaders, innovators, service providers, manufacturers, and government leaders around the world.
In Episode #64, we are joined by Simon Igelman, an international business associate at Garfinkle Biderman LLP, a Canadian-based law firm.
- Simon’s background in technology and how he created his website Trade Law Report that pulls the most up-to-date online chatter about international trade from around the web, including Twitter.
- Balancing artificial intelligence (AI) advances and legal concerns.
- The process of becoming a lawyer in Canada, including articling.
- International trade in Canada and how it varies from but is largely intertwined with the United States.
- Covid-19’s impact on timber prices in the United States and Canada.
- Listening, and watching recommendations from:
- Trade Law Report
- World Trade Law: Text, Materials and Commentary by Simon Lester, Bryan Mercurio, Arwel Davies
- All the Shah’s Men: An American Coup and the Roots of Middle East Terror by Stephen Kinzer
- “How Academic Freedom Ends” by Timothy McLaughlin, The Atlantic
- “Why is Lumber So Expensive? And when will things get back to normal?” by Ben Sprague, Substack
We’ll see you next week for another exciting and informative episode when we sit down with Natalie O’Regan to discuss cannabis in Ireland.