Listen HERE or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Stitcher, or Soundcloud!
At Harris Bricken, we keep close tabs on what is happening around the world, and we know that our friends and clients do, as well. We are happy to provide this podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench, where we look at the world by talking with business leaders, innovators, service providers, manufacturers, and government leaders around the world.
In Episode #73, we are joined by Attorney-Advisor at the U.S. Department of State, Niels Von Deuten.
- The role of State Department lawyers
- How the Department’s legal office, aka “L”, is organized
- The difference between L and the legal attaches posted at U.S. missions abroad
- Niels’ diverse assignments, from representing the Department on employment matters, to supporting the bureaus in charge of African and Near Eastern affairs
- Clerking for both trial and appeals judges
- Listening, and watching recommendations from:
- A Memory Called Empire by Arkady Martine
- Foreign Policy’s Africa Brief
We’ll see you next week for another exciting and informative episode when we sit down with Luis Martínez, the director of the Southeast energy, climate and clean energy program at Natural Resources Defense Council.