Listen HERE or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Amazon Music, Stitcher, or Soundcloud!
At Harris Bricken, we keep close tabs on what is happening around the world, and we know that our friends and clients do, as well. We are happy to provide this podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench, where we look at the world by talking with business leaders, innovators, service providers, manufacturers, and government leaders around the world.
In Episode #46, we are joined by Marc Chandler to discuss global currencies, foreign exchange, and global economic policies. We discuss:
- How developed and developing nations are weathering Covid and their post-Covid prospects.
- Whether debt-fueled Covid recovery monetary policies are smart, which nations are more likely to successfully employ such strategies, and which will struggle.
- U.S. Treasury bonds compared to the European bond market.
- What one generation owes to another generation in terms of its economic legacy.
- China’s role in helping countries in its economic orbit recover from Covid.
- The role of a boutique foreign exchange provider in international business transactions.
- The interplay between global currencies and monetary policies.
- The role of virtual currencies and central banks’ reactions to them.
- Countries on Marc’s watchlist – for good and less good reasons.
- Reading, listening, and watching recommendations from:
- A Foreign Service Murder (Foreign Service Journal)
We’ll see you next week when we sit down with James Cooper for a provocative conversation about international intellectual property.