Listen HERE or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Stitcher, or Soundcloud!
At Harris Bricken, we keep close tabs on what is happening around the world, and we know that our friends and clients do, as well. We are happy to provide this podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench, where we look at the world by talking with business leaders, innovators, service providers, manufacturers, and government leaders around the world.
In Episode #74, we are joined by Luis Martínez, the Director of the Southeast Energy, Climate and Clean Energy Program at Natural Resources Defense Council.
- How Luis’ desire to be the next Jacques Costeau led to a career in environmental law
- Luis’ time at the Puerto Rico Environmental Quality Board and his advocacy in support of Vieques cleanup efforts
- The Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, which Luis helped design
- Shifting political winds on climate policy
- How the devastation wreaked by Hurricane Maria sparked a conversation on energy resiliency in Puerto Rico
- Listening, and watching recommendations from:
- Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants by Robin Wall Kimmerer
- Ted Lasso on Apple TV+
- Darknet Diaries podcast
- Making Sense podcast with Sam Harris – Episode #258 – The Fall of Afghanistan: A Conversation with Peter Bergen
We’ll see you next week for another exciting and informative episode when we sit down with Ilya Umanskiy, director of the Current Consulting Group, to discuss risk management, asset protection, and related topics.