Listen HERE or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Amazon Music, Stitcher, or Soundcloud!
At Harris Bricken, we keep close tabs on what is happening around the world, and we know that our friends and clients do, as well. We are happy to provide this podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench, where we look at the world by talking with business leaders, innovators, service providers, manufacturers, and government leaders around the world.
In Episode #50, we are joined by Lisa Delpy Neirotti, Sport Management Professor & Director of Sport Management Degree programs at The George Washington University School of Business.
- Lisa’s career as a scholar of the Olympic Games (attended 19 consecutive Games) and 5 World Cups
- The crucial and interconnected relationships among athletes, spectators, sponsors, and host countries in producing mega-events
- Systemic cheating in professional sports
- Career paths for those interested in sport management and sport marketing
- NCAA athletes benefiting financially from their name, image, and likeness
- Covid’s impact on the world of sport, comparing MLS, NFL, and NBA seasons and the impact on the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games
- Advice for parents with children who are interested in becoming collegiate and professional athletes
- Listening, and watching recommendations from:
- New Tokyo Olympic Chief Says Games Without Spectators Not the Plan (Nikkei Asia)
- Park City, Utah for Powder Snowboarding
- The Death of Stalin (Netflix)
We’ll see you next week for another exciting and informative episode as we discuss market research and market entry into China.