The large-scale shift to telework brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic is prompting businesses around the world to explore new avenues to engage with clients and friends. Harris Bricken is no exception, and we are proud to announce our new podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench.
Every Thursday, Fred and Jonathan take a bite-sized look at legal and economic developments in locales around the world in an effort to decipher global trends in law and business with the help of their international guests. No topic is too big, too small, too simple, or too complicated. They will be covering continents, countries, regimes, governance, finances, legal developments, and whatever is trending on Twitter.
In Episode #10, we discuss India with Hemang Parekh, a partner and transaction lawyer in Mumbai with DSK Legal. We cover:
- Recent notable developments in India’s business sectors.
- Why India is a good alternative to China from both a manufacturing base perspective and for financial investments.
- How India is benefiting from the US-China trade war.
- India’s relationship with China compared to the rest of its trading partners.
- The status and prospects of the India – U.S. relationship, including India benefiting from the U.S. seeking to relocate medical supply chains away from China.
- Reading, listening, and watching recommendations from:
- Hemang – Resources provided by India’s Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Labor, and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- Jonathan – The Absent Superpower by Peter Zeihan.
- Fred – United States Strategic Approach to the People’s Republic of China by the U.S. White House.
And please follow Fred and Jonathan on social media to stay informed on upcoming guests and topics:
- Fred Rocafort (Twitter: @RocafortFred) (LinkedIn) (WeChat: fredwanganping)
- Jonathan Bench (Twitter: @jonathan_bench) (LinkedIn) (WeChat: jbench588)
- Global Law and Business Twitter: @globallawbiz