Listen HERE or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Stitcher, or Soundcloud!
At Harris Bricken, we keep close tabs on what is happening around the world, and we know that our friends and clients do, as well. We are happy to provide this podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench, where we look at the world by talking with business leaders, innovators, service providers, manufacturers, and government leaders around the world.
In Episode #67, we are joined by Enrique Martinez, CEO and founder of WebCapitalists Corp., a cryptocurrency and blockchain consulting company.
- Why an aerospace engineer became an early adopter of Bitcoin.
- The Byzantine Generals Problem and what it tells us about blockchain.
- How Hurricane Maria and the devastation it brought about in his native Puerto Rico made Enrique a more vocal technologist for crypto.
- Blockchain’s applications to fields as varied as healthcare and art sales.
- Enrique’s work with retired athletes looking to earn revenue by tokenizing their collectibles.
- Why ticket scalpers need to be beware of blockchain.
- Criticisms of crypto.
- Listening, and watching recommendations from:
- “The secret economics of a VIP party,” The Economist, by Ashley Mears
We’ll see you next week for another exciting and informative episode when we sit down with Sam White to discuss the insurance world, the differing work styles across the Anglosphere, and more!