Listen HERE or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Stitcher, or Soundcloud!
At Harris Bricken, we keep close tabs on what is happening around the world, and we know that our friends and clients do, as well. We are happy to provide this podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench, where we look at the world by talking with business leaders, innovators, service providers, manufacturers, and government leaders around the world.
In Episode #57, we are joined by Dr. Elizabeth Freund Larus, chairman of the University of Mary Washington’s Political Science and International Affairs Department and author of Politics and Society in Contemporary China.
- China relations at a time when we know the country “won’t morph into a more liberal polity.”
- The pragmatic origins of Dr. Larus’ interest in China.
- Taiwan’s foreign relations, and why America wants other countries to recognize Taipei (even if it doesn’t officially do so itself).
- The Belt and Road Initiative’s impact on Central and Eastern Europe, and why China and Russia don’t see eye to eye on the subject.
- Why Dr. Larus expects China to get “stronger and stronger” … till demographics get in the way.
- Advice for those interested in foreign affairs, including unexpected paths such as hospitality.
- Listening, and watching recommendations from:
We’ll see you next week for another exciting and informative episode when we sit down with Joe McCall to discuss what’s happening in the Emerald Isle!