Listen HERE or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Amazon Music, Stitcher, or Soundcloud!
The large-scale shift to telework brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic is prompting businesses around the world to explore new avenues to engage with clients and friends. Harris Bricken is no exception, and we are happy to provide this podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench.
In Episode #31, we are joined by Doug Brush, a cybersecurity expert at Splunk. We discuss:
- Current legal frameworks used to address cybersecurity.
- Data privacy concerns, including the EU’s GDPR and California’s CCPA, and whether a business or government can ever be 100% cyber secure.
- How companies should think about their cybersecurity, including which data generates revenue for the business, the data lifecycle, breach responses, and cyber insurance.
- The goals, motivations, cadences, and patterns of state-sponsored and other hacker groups.
- Some of the most important issues being discussed today among cybersecurity professionals.
- Reading, listening, and watching recommendations from:
We’ll see you next week when we sit down with Joel Gallo, CEO of Columbia China League Business Advisory Co., a cross-border transactions and management consulting firm.
And please follow Fred and Jonathan on social media to stay informed on upcoming guests and topics: