Listen HERE or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Stitcher, or Soundcloud!
At Harris Bricken, we keep close tabs on what is happening around the world, and we know that our friends and clients do, as well. We are happy to provide this podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench, where we look at the world by talking with business leaders, innovators, service providers, manufacturers, and government leaders around the world.
In Episode #61, we are joined by Andrew House, partner and co-leader of the national security team at Fasken.
- Andrew’s career trajectory, from criminal defense work in Halifax to Canada’s national security establishment in Ottawa.
- The challenges of working in post-conflict Kosovo.
- Foreign investment reviews in Canada, and the outsized role of America’s concerns.
- Why legal knowledge is beneficial when working in government relations.
- The shifting tides of Canada’s COVID experience, and why the pandemic constitutes a healthy wake-up call on Canada’s industrial base.
- Canada’s challenges in its relationship with China.
- Key differences between Canadian and U.S. officialdoms.
- Listening, and watching recommendations from:
- The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, by William L. Shirer
- Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln, by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- The Comey Rule, on Showtime
- “Gargantuanisation,” by John Lanchester, London Review of Books
- Why Does the C.I.A. Need Puppets?, on Sway, New York Times podcast
We’ll see you next week for another exciting and informative episode when we sit down with Azhelle Wade, AKA The Toy Coach!