Listen HERE or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Amazon Music, Stitcher, or Soundcloud!
The large-scale shift to telework brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic is prompting businesses around the world to explore new avenues to engage with clients and friends. Harris Bricken is no exception, and we are proud to announce our new podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench.
In Episode #27, we are joined by Andrea Holtan, an international trade specialist and adjunct professor at Seattle University’s Albers School of Business and Economics. We discuss:
- Andrea’s career trajectory, including being the only female working for a Japanese company early in her career
- The role of licensed customs brokers
- The experience of working in South Africa and Kenya
- Section 301 tariffs: What they are, why they were imposed, and what they mean for Americans
- Antidumping and countervailing duty trends
- The scourge of forced labor
- Reading, listening, and watching recommendations from:
And please follow Fred and Jonathan on social media to stay informed on upcoming guests and topics: