Listen HERE or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Stitcher, or Soundcloud!
At Harris Bricken, we keep close tabs on what is happening around the world, and we know that our friends and clients do, as well. We are happy to provide this podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench, where we look at the world by talking with business leaders, innovators, service providers, manufacturers, and government leaders around the globe.
In Episode #92, we are joined by Aman Thakker, Senior Programs Manager at Indiaspora, a nonprofit organization of global Indian origin leaders committed to inspiring the diaspora to be a force for good by providing a platform to collaborate, build community engagement, and catalyze social change. We discuss:
- Indialogue, which is Aman’s newsletter covering India’s current economic and political developments.
- Aman growing up in India, leaving India, and then returning to India through his academic focus.
- What it is like to work at a think tank, especially having honest discussions behind closed doors on how to educate the public on difficult issues.
- Cooperation between U.S. and India in defense matters.
- Cooperation between Indian and U.S. states.
- India’s overall scorecard over the last 20 years, including limitations like corruption, India’s religious vs. secular split, and insufficient reforms.
- India’s relationship with China and Russia.
- Listening, and watching recommendations from:
- War and Peace in Modern India: A Strategic History of the Nehru Years by Srinath Raghavan
- The Fateful Triangle by Tanvi Madan
- The Palace of Illusions by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni