Listen HERE or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Stitcher, or Soundcloud!
At Harris Bricken, we keep close tabs on what is happening around the world, and we know that our friends and clients do, as well. We are happy to provide this podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench, where we look at the world by talking with business leaders, innovators, service providers, manufacturers, and government leaders around the world.
In Episode #63, we are joined by Alberto Villarreal, Managing Director at Nepanoa Transformation Advisory.
- An inside look at international consulting firms.
- Latin America (LatAm) as a marketplace and for back-office or company operations.
- LatAm’s talented labor force and affinity for Western-style work culture.
- Concerns for a company looking at utilizing LatAm, including security and costs.
- Why companies with strong culture generally have an easier time establishing themselves in LatAm.
- Advice for people considering a consulting career and pursuing an MBA at the University of Chicago.
- Listening, and watching recommendations from:
- Follow the U.S.-Mexico Foundation
- Piece of advice, “Don’t be afraid to work internationally.”
- The Cheat Code: Going Off Script to Get More and Go Faster by Brian Wong
- La Ingenieria de la Exportacion, by Nicola Minervini
- The Spy Who Came In from the Cold by John le Carré
We’ll see you next week for another exciting and informative episode when we sit down with Simon Igelman, as we discuss technology in law and international trade.