Listen HERE or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Amazon Music, Stitcher, or Soundcloud!
The large-scale shift to telework brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic is prompting businesses around the world to explore new avenues to engage with clients and friends. Harris Bricken is no exception, and we are happy to provide this podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench.
In Episode #29, we are joined by Alberto Predieri, an Italian attorney and partner at de Bedin & Lee studio legale associato. We discuss:
- Alberto’s fascinating career track, from Olympic sailor to international business attorney.
- The impact of COVID-19 on Italy and especially Lombardy, with Alberto’s first-hand perspective.
- What a typical day looks like for a lawyer in Milan.
- The importance of understanding different cultural perspectives.
- Why a business lawyer working in a Continental jurisdiction might envy his or her common-law counterparts.
- The genesis of Alberto’s Milan law firm’s partnership with Hong Kong’s de Bedin & Lee.
- AC Milan or Inter? (Spoiler: It’s Juve for Alberto.)
- Reading, listening, and watching recommendations from:
- Jonathan – “Greece ‘sets up soundwave guns on its borders with Turkey to stop illegal migrants'”, by Sophie Tanno (Daily Mail)
- Fred – Return to the caves of Shan-Gan-Ning border, by Koo Lap (Apple Daily)
And please follow Fred and Jonathan on social media to stay informed on upcoming guests and topics: