Listen HERE or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Amazon Music, Stitcher, or Soundcloud!
The large-scale shift to telework brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic is prompting businesses around the world to explore new avenues to engage with clients and friends. Harris Bricken is no exception, and we are happy to provide this podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench.
- Bermuda’s status as a British Overseas Territory (it is the oldest such territory)
- International finance centers (IFC) and the myths surrounding them
- Bermuda’s specialties as an IFC: insurance and reinsurance
- What Adam misses about onshore in Europe—and what he does not
- Korin’s perspectives as a Bermudian lawyer at a global firm—and the example he hopes to set for aspiring lawyers from Bermuda
- Bermuda’s opportunities for digital nomads and fintech entrepreneurs
- Developments in Bermuda’s legal framework for cannabis
- Reading, listening, and watching recommendations from:
- “Exclusive: Nintendo chief plots post-Animal Crossing future”, Nikkei, by Jada Nagumo
- “How China seeks to redefine global norms and keep the West at bay”, Hong Kong Free Press, by Simon Shen
If you have comments on this episode or if you’d like to suggest topics for future episodes, please email globallawbiz [at] harrisbricken [dot] com.
And please follow Fred and Jonathan on social media to stay informed on upcoming guests and topics: