As part of its monthly Hot Topics Cool Talks series, Oregon Business Magazine will on October 25, from 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m., be hosting From Pinot to Pot: The Marijuana Market One Year After Legalization at the Benson Hotel in downtown Portland.
Oregon Business describes this sure to be fantastic event as follows:
It’s been almost 12 months since the passage of Measure 91, and Oregon’s emergent cannabis industry is growing by leaps and bounds. New businesses open monthly, investors are swooping in and niche markets — from high-end boutiques to organics — are proliferating. So where does the industry go from here? Join marijuana entrepreneurs, investors and consultants for a lively conversation about market conditions and diversification, the shifting regulatory landscape and key players driving growth in the Oregon marijuana industry.
Our panelists will share stories and discuss the following questions:
• How are state and federal regulations impacting evolution of the market?
• How do you brand product, manage pricing and beat the competition?
• What are the biggest growth drivers?
• How are outsiders and big businesses reshaping the local industry?
The following four panelists will headline this event:
- Vince Sliwoski, lead attorney for our Oregon cannabis business law practice.
- Claire Kaufmann, Northwest Regional Director for BDS Analytics, a cannabis business intelligence and market share tracking company
- David Howitt, Founder and CEO of the Meriwether Group, a boutique private equity, business accelerator, and advisory firm.
- Renee Spears, Creator of Smuggle Portland, a seller of Oregon made cannabis and hemp products.
Linda Baker, Editor of Oregon Business Magazine will be the moderator.
Go here to register and get your tickets. To receive a 20% panelist discount, please email us at firm at harrisbricken.com.