Canna Law Blog’s own Hilary Bricken will be putting on a webinar, An Overview of the Regulatory Issues Legitimate Marijuana Businesses Face, to take place on July 2, 2014, 2:00 p.m. ET, 11:00 a.m. PT. The webinar is hosted by National Business Institute, and is described as follows:
Legalized marijuana has created profitable business opportunities in an increasing number of states. Due to the position of the federal government and banking institutions, prospective cannabis business owners face a number of legal and financial hurdles when starting a business. This information-packed teleconference offers a practical overview of the legal requirements for creating and operating a legitimate marijuana business.
- State Marijuana Laws and the Federal Government’s Position
- Types of Marijuana Businesses
- Banking and Funding Difficulties for Cannabis Businesses
- Obtaining Marijuana Business Licenses
- Compliance Issues for Retaining Licenses
- Quality Control and Testing Considerations
- Marketing Restrictions
- Taxation Issues for Cannabis Businesses
- Recent Developments in Marijuana Business Law
Go here for more details and to register.