On May 9, 2017 at 9 am Pacific (12 p.m. Eastern), Canna Law Blog’s Hilary Bricken will team up with Matt Maurer, Chair of the Cannabis Law Group at Minden Gross, LLP and author of Canada Cannabis Legal , to present a webinar to provide a primer on the cannabis laws that impact cannabis industries in both countries.
Though medical marijuana is legal in Canada, it remains federally illegal in the United States. Eight states in the United States have legalized marijuana for adults 21 and up, and even more have legalized marijuana for medical use. Canada has yet to take on recreational legalization, though it is expected to do so in 2018.
This webinar will focus on the cannabis laws of both countries, and in particular how they interact for those interested in investing across the US-Canada border. We will cover the following:
- Medical and recreational cannabis market of the United States
- Medical and (potential) recreational cannabis market in Canada
- Investment considerations
- Cross border legal issues
- Opportunities for companies and individuals looking to invest in the US and/or Canada
- Questions posed from the audience
You can register for this free event here.
Should you have questions, please feel free to write to us at email@example.com.