Our cannabis business lawyers are always getting emails from blog readers asking them where they can be found on social media. This blog is our attempt to respond to those emails and to let all of our readers know about the full extent of our social media presence. If you cannot get enough of Canna Law Blog, you can find more of us in the following places:
Facebook. We have an exceedingly popular and perpetually growing Facebook page here. We are nearing 175,000 likes/followers there and we regularly get more than a million visitors weekly there. Our goal with that page is to widely disseminate and initiate discussion on a wide swath of uber-topical cannabis issues. That site is meant to be a less serious than this one and the range of cannabis topics we address there is considerably wider than on here, which is much more focused on legal issues. We allow for a wide range of views on our Facebook page and we delete only those comments hateful of others, but we do not delete comments that are anti-cannabis. We also delete comments that involve the selling of anything.
Twitter/Publications. Our blog and a number of our cannabis lawyers have the following twitter accounts, with posting frequencies all over the map:
- @cannalawblog We use this account to tweet 2-4 times a day, mostly on important cannabis issues of general interest.
- @cannabizlawyer. This is Hilary Bricken’s account. Hilary tweets pretty regularly and as head of our Los Angeles cannabis practice, many of her tweets have a California/Los Angeles flavor. Hilary also authors a once-a-week column for Above the Law on all things cannabis law and policy across the United States. And Hilary writes the occasional piece for Culture Magazine, too.
- @vince-sliwoski. This is Vince Sliwoski’s account. Vince heads up our Portland cannabis business practice and he tweets pretty regularly on general interest and Oregon cannabis issues. Vince also writes a bi-weekly column for the Portland Mercury called Ask a Pot Lawyer.
- @alison-malsbury. This is Alison Malsbury’s account. Alison focuses on cannabis intellectual property law and she splits her time between our Seattle and our San Francisco offices (with a bit of Los Angeles also). Her tweets reflect this, as they usually are on California or Washington or IP issues.
- @dshortt90. This is Daniel Shortt’s account. Daniel is based in Seattle and he tweets regularly about general interest and Washington State cannabis issues. Daniel Shortt also frequently contributes to The Fresh Toast, writing about cannabis legal issues.
- @jghunthb. This is Jim Hunt’s account. Jim focuses on federal and state taxation as they relate to cannabis businesses and his posts often relate to cannabis taxation issues.
The rest of our cannabis lawyers either do not post on cannabis for social media, or post so seldom as to not be worthy of mention above, at least not yet.
Please follow us and enjoy!