The large-scale shift to telework brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic is prompting businesses around the world to explore new avenues to engage with clients and friends. Harris Bricken is no exception, and we are proud to announce our new podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench.
Every Thursday, Fred and Jonathan take a bite-sized look at legal and economic developments in locales around the world in an effort to decipher global trends in law and business with the help of their international guests. No topic is too big, too small, too simple, or too complicated. They will be covering continents, countries, regimes, governance, finances, legal developments, and whatever is trending on Twitter.
In Episode #6, we discuss current developments in the EU with Shannon Brandao, an international politics and law specialist and American attorney based in Belgium. We cover:
- The current status of Brexit, including how the European continent views and is preparing to cope with its effects.
- Latest developments in EU-US relations.
- Latest developments in EU-China relations.
- Reading recommendations from:
- Shannon: The Washington Post’s reporting on State Department cables regarding lab safety in Wuhan, China.
- Fred: Treasure Islands: Tax Havens and the Men Who Stole the World by Nicholas Shaxson.
- Jonathan: The Atlantic’s How China Sees the World and How We Should See China by H.R. McMaster.
If you have comments on this episode or if you’d like to suggest topics for future episodes, please email email@example.com.
And please follow Fred and Jonathan on social media to stay informed on upcoming guests and topics:
- Fred Rocafort (Twitter: @RocafortFred) (LinkedIn) (WeChat: fredwanganping)
- Jonathan Bench (Twitter: @jonathan_bench) (LinkedIn) (WeChat: jbench588)
- Global Law and Business Twitter: @globallawbiz
We’ll see you next Thursday for another discussion on the global business environment, this time with guest Dr. Rodolfo Perdomo as we discuss Uruguay and its impact on the international cannabis trade.