Listen HERE or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher, or Soundcloud!
The large-scale shift to telework brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic is prompting businesses around the world to explore new avenues to engage with clients and friends. Harris Bricken is no exception, and we are proud to announce our new podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench.
In Episode #26, we are joined by Mark McLawhorn. We discuss:
- Mark’s law firm, McLawhorn Legal
- South Carolina’s consolidation as a foreign investment hub
- The importance of judicial clerkships in the American legal system
- Mark’s LLM studies at the Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The experience of being a Black man in Hong Kong
- Thoughts on our current national moment here in the United States
- Reading, listening, and watching recommendations from:
- Mark – The Social Dilemma (Netflix)
- Fred – Rough Waters Ahead for Vietnam-China Relations, by Huong Le Thu (Carnegie Endowment for International Peace)
- Jonathan – “This is the Asian Century: Seven reasons to be optimistic about it”, by Nikkei staff writers (Nikkei Asian Review)
We’ll see you next week for another discussion on the global business environment!
If you have comments on this episode or if you’d like to suggest topics for future episodes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
And please follow Fred and Jonathan on social media to stay informed on upcoming guests and topics: