Listen above or stream on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Play or Stitcher!
The large-scale shift to telework brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic is prompting businesses around the world to explore new avenues to engage with clients and friends. Harris Bricken is no exception, and we are proud to announce our new podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench.
In Episode #11, we discuss Chile with attorneys Juan Cristóbal Palma Orellana and Mario Tapia Echeverría. We cover:
- The role inequality has played in the protests that have affected Chile since late 2019, and the lessons that can be drawn.
- Chile’s response to COVID-19 and the pandemic’s impact on the country
- How Chile is strengthening its intellectual property rights (IPR) protection, in light of its continued inclusion in the United States Trade Representative’s (USTR) Priority Watch List.
- Opportunities for foreign investment in the fisheries and aquaculture industries, as well as the tech sector.
- Our guests’ views on Chile’s prospects going forward and its place in Latin America.
- China’s role in the Chilean economy.
- Reading, listening, and watching recommendations from:
If you have comments on this episode or if you’d like to suggest topics for future episodes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
And please follow Fred and Jonathan on social media to stay informed on upcoming guests and topics:
We’ll see you next Thursday for another discussion on the global business environment, this time discussing Iran with guest Miles Hansen.