The large-scale shift to telework brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic is prompting businesses around the world to explore new avenues to engage with clients and friends. Harris Bricken is no exception, and we are proud to announce our new podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench.
In Episode #13, we discuss what it’s like working for the Chinese government as an American with former Senior Government Consultant, James Moore. We cover:
- China’s general business environment pre-Covid and post-Covid.
- The division of labor between Chinese provincial governments and local governments with regard to business and fostering entrepreneurship.
- What it is like to work inside the Chinese government as a foreigner.
- Major draws to foreign businesses to continue to engage with China.
- Major limitations toward foreign businesses doing business with China.
- Reading, listening, and watching recommendations from:
If you have comments on this episode or if you’d like to suggest topics for future episodes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
And please follow Fred and Jonathan on social media to stay informed on upcoming guests and topics:
- Fred Rocafort (Twitter: @RocafortFred) (LinkedIn) (WeChat: fredwanganping)
- Jonathan Bench (Twitter: @jonathan_bench) (LinkedIn) (WeChat: jbench588)
- Global Law and Business Twitter: @globallawbiz
We’ll see you next week for another discussion on the global business environment with guest Simon Lacey as we discuss Southeast Asia and Huawei.