At Harris Bricken, we keep close tabs on what is happening around the world, and we know that our friends and clients do, as well. We are happy to provide this podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench, where we look at the world by talking with business leaders, innovators, service providers, manufacturers, and government leaders around the world.
In Episode #75, we are joined by Ilya Umanskiy, Director of the Current Consulting Group.
- Ilya’s path from Moscow to New York City to Hong Kong
- Case study: Managing a high net-worth family’s reputational risks
- Lessons from the Afghanistan withdrawal
- How long stints in Hong Kong help Ilya design solutions in a culturally sensitive way
- The importance of mentorship
- How universities are letting youth down
- Listening, and watching recommendations from:
- Upstream: The Quest to Solve Problems Before They Happen by Dan Heath
- Normal Accidents: Living with High-Risk Technologies by Charles Perrow
- Sky News on YouTube
We’ll see you next week for another exciting and informative episode when we sit down with Andrew Hupert, professor at Hult International Business School, to discuss his experiences in China, Vietnam, and Mexico, and more!