At Harris Bricken, we keep close tabs on what is happening around the world, and we know that our friends and clients do, as well. We are happy to provide this podcast series: Global Law and Business, hosted by international attorneys Fred Rocafort and Jonathan Bench, where we look at the world by talking with business leaders, innovators, service providers, manufacturers, and government leaders around the world.
In Episode #54, we are joined by Nadège Rolland, Senior Fellow for Political and Security Affairs at the National Bureau of Asian Research.
- How the June 1989 Tiananmen Square protests helped spark Nadège’s interest in China.
- Working in the French national security establishment, and how it differs from its U.S. counterpart.
- The March 2021 Anchorage meeting between Secretary of State Blinken and Chinese Foreign Minister Wang.
- China-Europe relations, and the tensions between European countries’ values and their economic interests.
- Why China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) should be of concern to the rest of the world.
- The prospect of partial decoupling and the emergence of a subsystem where China is dominant.
- Listening, and watching recommendations from:
We’ll see you next week for another exciting and informative episode when we sit down with Eduardo Diaz Rivera to discuss finance in Latin America.