Even in the choppiest of waters, our sea legs are steady.
Our internationally recognized Maritime Law team is uniquely equipped to help our clients navigate the complex laws inherent to maritime business and legal disputes. Harris Bricken is known for our diverse and high-profile international maritime experience. We assist clients in a wide range of maritime-related matters including litigation, vessel arrests, yacht law, and maritime personal injury. Leading media look to our lawyers for their insight into this unique area of law, and we take pride in having helped clients around the world succeed in even the most challenging maritime legal disputes and commercial matters.
We have handled hundreds of vessel repossessions and arrests involving yachts, fishing boats, cargo ships, and cruise and casino ships, and have successfully resolved corporate maritime cases in the Bahamas, the US, Canada, China, Denmark, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Norway, Poland, Taiwan, Turkey, and Vietnam. Our broad experience and detailed knowledge of maritime law give our clients the tools and confidence they need to handle the legal challenges they face at sea. Our commercial maritime services include, but are not limited to:
- Vessel arrests in United States and foreign jurisdictions
- Purchase and sale of vessels and other maritime assets
- Vessel management and product sales agreements
- Demise, time, and space charter agreements
- Maritime lien and ship mortgage disputes
- Vessel documentation, inspection, registration, and flagging
- Marine insurance
- Vessel financing for lenders, borrowers, and charterers
- Vessel repair contracts and litigation
- Fishing rights applications and disputes
- Foreign and domestic joint venture agreements
MARITIME PERSONAL INJURY
Our maritime legal team works closely with our clients to seek fair compensation for the physical, financial, and psychological damages they may have suffered as a result of their injuries. Though we always attempt to resolve our clients’ claims through settlement, our experienced legal team stands ready to take your case to court and pursue your claims through aggressive litigation. Harris Bricken represents injured cruise ship passengers as well other individuals injured at sea. Visit our Cruise Injury page to learn more about how Harris Bricken can help you obtain the compensation you deserve.