Proactive, worldwide protection for your work.
You’ve worked hard creating products of the mind and building a unique brand. Let our team of internationally recognized intellectual property lawyers help protect them.
In today’s global economy, it is more critical than ever to protect your trademarks, copyrights, patents, trade secrets, confidential information and other proprietary rights. With counterfeiting and other forms of infringement at an all-time high, owners of intellectual property rights must formulate and implement effective enforcement strategies, sometimes in foreign countries. Harris Bricken lawyers regularly help their clients obtain protection for their intellectual property rights, and enforce those rights in multiple jurisdictions.
Harris Bricken also assists clients with intellectual property matters in a transactional setting. Whether the task is intellectual property due diligence on a target company in a merger or acquisition, or the licensing or transfer of trademarks, copyright rights, technical know-how or other proprietary rights, our lawyers can help. We also help our clients manage their intellectual property, data privacy and trade secret matters in the employer-employee context. Our lawyers have particular expertise in handling the special issues that can arise in different foreign countries, including emerging markets.
We represent clients in a broad range of industries, software, fashion, manufacturing, entertainment, agribusiness, gaming, and wine. Our extensive experience in these areas helps us provide intellectual property services that are smart, sustainable, industry-specific and cost-effective.
Our IP services include:
- Counseling on trademark, copyright, trade secret and other intellectual property matters in multiple jurisdictions
- US and international trademark and copyright portfolio management
- Trademark searches and other pre-application advice in the US and in foreign countries
- Filing and prosecution of trademark and copyright applications in the US and in foreign countries, and post-registration maintenance
- Formulating and implementing country-specific investigations, anti-counterfeiting, misappropriation and other intellectual property enforcement strategies
- Trade secret Agreements and Non-disclosure Agreements (NDAs)
- Intellectual property and technology licensing and transfer agreements
- Product distribution agreements
- Domain name disputes
- Recording trademarks, copyrights and patents with US Customs and Border Protection and with foreign customs services
- Website audits for intellectual property and related issues
- Reviewing internal policies and procedures for handling intellectual property matters from a “best practices” perspective
- Advicing on data privacy issues, including collecting, storing, using and disclosing employee information
- Intellectual property due diligence in an investment (including M&A) setting
- Intellectual property litigation