Balancing big ideas with smart legal strategies.
We support a range of clients across the food and alcohol industry—including restaurants, seafood distributors, wineries, breweries, craft distilleries, and cannabis businesses—in planning, growing, and protecting their enterprises.
Harris Bricken provides practical, goal-oriented services for businesses and entrepreneurs in the food and alcohol industry, including the new and growing cannabis industry. With an in-depth understanding of these areas and the intricate laws that govern them, both domestically and internationally, our attorneys can help businesses of all sizes and in varying stages of development plan for a successful future.
We provide legal guidance on intellectual property, liquor law, regulatory compliance, cannabis regulations and applications, dispute resolution, and other industry-specific legal issues. Our experience working across a variety of products and jurisdictions enables us to provide insightful advice and practical legal solutions for the businesses we serve.
Our food and alcohol services include the following:
- Company formation
- Liquor Law
- Regulatory compliance
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Since 2010, our cannabis law practice group has helped create, defend, and advise over one hundred successful medical cannabis cooperatives. We represent cannabis businesses on their California, Florida, Illinois, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington legal matters.
Our experienced cannabis attorneys have been featured in major media across the nation for their key insights into this fast-changing industry. One of our cannabis attorneys has received multiple awards as the leading cannabis business attorney. We are proud to serve as community advocates for cannabis businesses and are committed to helping our clients understand their rights in this complex and evolving area of law.
Our clients are the retailers, processors, growers, and ancillary businesses that are the future of a responsible, legal, cannabis industry and we The Canna Law Group regularly advises its cannabis clients on the following legal matters related to opening and operating a legal marijuana business:
- Marijuana licensing and registration
- Corporate formation and business licensing
- Corporate and commercial transactions, mergers, acquisitions, and financing deals
- Zoning requirements for retail and/or agricultural businessesZoning requirements for cannabis businesses
- Real estate matters
- Employment laws
- Federal policy and state and city laws relating to marijuana
- Product labeling requirements
- Packaging and handling of food items
- Branding and intellectual property protections and commercial licensing agreements
- Vendor and ancillary business contracts
- Banking and financing issues
- Advertising and marketing regulations
- Privacy regulations
- Environmental laws
- Records retention and document management